Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Color My World

One of my hobbies is coloring black and white comic book art. Occasionally I'll be posting some examples here just for the fun of it (and to falsely inflate my massive ego.)  As I've been reading comics for about a 100 years, I tend to be fairly "old school" in my approach to coloring.  Not only is it what I grew up with, I also think it just looks better. So if you're a fan of flashy computerized coloring tricks or an over-rendered painterly look, I'm probably not your cup of tea - just look the other way and move briskly along. If you feel the need to critique, keep in mind that I mostly do this for fun and probably don't really care what you think. Unless of course you have the power to offer me a coloring job that pays. Then you have my full attention. First up, a nice Elektra piece by one of my favorite artists, Art Adams.

No comments: